Monday, February 18, 2008

Music and Dance

The Composer/Choreographer Workshop gives me a beautiful landscape to move in. Through the conversation with dancers and choreographers, I am deeply moved b the choreographers’ faith of creating their unique body movements. I also experienced how music and dance, these two art languages, could be associated together by a common source – the choreographer’s dream. Because of the dancers’ body sensations, the composer’s inner idea was sufficiently responded. Also, through the relationship between music and dance, I realized their dialogue concerning space, silence, and time. I was particularly impressed how the dancers explore the fascination – the imagery, invention, and form – of the music and translate it into body motion. It is a coalescence combining human mind and music together to form an artwork.

1 Comments:

At February 18, 2008 at 2:34 PM , Blogger John Toenjes said...

I am very gratified that you are moving through a beautiful landscape. What a nice place to be in!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home